Yorgos Karagiannis: As a mathematician, composer, and writer, I have blended my passion for numbers and music into a remarkable journey.
For the past two decades, I’ve served as a Math, Music, and Guitar Teacher, guiding thousands of students aged 16 to 20 through school, national exams, and university preparation. My dedication to music composition has earned me accolades in prestigious world competitions such as the Maurice Ravel, Great American Song Contest, and Film Music Contest.
In addition to teaching and composing, I’ve authored four music books, released seven classical music albums, and a couple of singles. I am an active contributor to both the fields of mathematics and music.
My musical expertise spans an impressive array of instruments, including Classical and Electric Guitar, Bass Guitar, Piano, Bouzouki, Tampoura, Sazi, and Oud. I possess exceptional proficiency with instruments played using nails or picks and have a deep understanding of Byzantine music.
- 1993–1999: Music High School of Ilion
- 1999–2005: University of Ioannina, Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics
- 2006–2007: Athens University of Economics and Business, Certificate in Applied Statistics and Probabilities for Teachers
- 2006–2009: Municipaty School of Moschato, Degree in Western Music Harmony
- 2009–2012: Municipaty School of Moschato, Degree in Counterpoint
- 2014: Municipaty School of Moschato, Degree in Classical Guitar
- 2017: Hellenic Open University, Master’s degree in Mathematics
Honors and Awards:
- 1998: Special Mention from the Greek Ministry of Education at the National Classical Guitar Contest
- 2015: First Place for the Nation Greece from Associazione Ravel at Maurice Ravel International Composition Competition in Italy
- 2016: Finalist at the Great American Song Contest
- 2016: Third Prize from Associazione Ravel at Maurice Ravel International Composition Competition
- 2017: Special Award from Associazione Ravel at Film Music International Composition Competition
- 2018: Honourable Mention from Associazione Ravel at Maurice Ravel International Composition Competition
- 2020: Finalist at the Great American Song Contest
- 2021: Finalist at the Great American Song Contest
- 2023: Outstanding Achievement in Songwriting and Top 5 Winner at the Great American Song Contest
I embrace open-minded individuals, as I firmly believe that teaching is a gateway to their discovery. As a husband and father of two children and a Mensa member, I’m dedicated to sharing the power of music, education, and creativity with the world