DIY Music School
DIY Music School
DIY Music School is an accelerator online training program created by InterContinental Music Awards (ICMA) and rapidly connects musicians to the opportunities in the music industry. Over the past decade, ICMA recognized music talents from different countries (From East Asia to Mediterranean Rim, Africa, Europe and America) and rewarded them by producing high-quality music for them as well as taking them on the big stages in front of thousands of audiences during multi-cultural live events.
Today, according to the enhancement of the online opportunities for independent musicians which never exist couple of years ago, we are so proud that we could bring music industry’s secrets, modernized knowledge and tips together with the modern and fun method of sharing information and instruction within the DIY Music School!
The 2022 Awards will be opened after announcing the 2021 winners by mid July or early September!
As performing artists you might submit cover song(s). The judging panel will evaluate your cover song(s) based on Vocal Performance, Instrumentalist or sound engineering and production quality among other technical and artistic considerations.
Our goal is to evaluate music beyond billboard standard grounds from a global and ethnical perspective. Songs are judged equally on originality, melody, harmony, composition and quality of the production. Different categories may have alternative criteria.
Yes, you are welcome to enter and your parent/legal guardian should fill the forms on your behalf and should email a signed parental consent form.
Yes. All entrant retains all ownership rights to their submitted original song(s).
Our judging panel is consist of the music industry veterans, active professional musicians and Grammy voting members who are bringing their expertise and experiences form writing and producing for many incredible, talented singers all around the world including Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Bella Thorn, Westlife, Gloria Estefan, Celine Dion, Ricky Martin, Ray Charles and many Grammy nominated artists to producing songs for films such as Top Gun, Santa Barbaraand Redline and companies such as NBC, Warner Brothers, MTV, Netflix, Sony, Cinemax and Fox as well as American media’s foremost authorities who have interviewed Dr. Maya Angelou, Leonard Cohen, Quincy Jones, Peter Asher, Clint Eastwood, Katy Perry, Bruno Mars and Maroon 5; country hit makers Keith Urban, Steve Vai, Metallica, Lionel Richie, Alicia keys and many more who would guide contestants through their music career!.
1. High-Quality Award Certificate signed and endorsed by InterContinental Music Awards.
2. Scholarship to the accelerator online training program that rapidly connects musician to the opportunities in the music industry and help them build their music career (worth $5000).
3. One-on-One private coaching session with members of the judging panel that help you save time instead of experimenting with random methods through trial and error.
4. Opportunity to pitch music for Sync Placement which is one of the most profitable sector in the music industry.
5. Featuring in major press channels that gives you exposure to a large audience, gains your credibility as an established artist and can help you grow your fanbase.
6. Promotion on the awards website, mailing list and social media.
7. Special discounts for CD Baby and music plugins
We offer musicians around the world the chance to be awarded for their hard efforts regardless of their ethnicity, nationality, color or race. Therefore our awards cater to music from all seven continents as well as regions or countries with restricted music freedom.